|
drama queen
|
|
|
|
Monday, October 11, 2010 @ 4:43 PM
"It is truly special to be seen. I mean really seen. Seen as in noticed, picked out from a crowd, observed, arresting the full attention of that special someone. Not in a creepy, stalker- like way, but in a way that says, " I'm entirely mesmerised by you because you are stunning." I would like to say that, unabashedly, that I mesmerise Jesus. I know this because He bothers to show me that He sees and that He is, in fact, in love with me. Why this desire to be seen? For that, perhaps we should look at the converse experience of being overlooked. To be forgotten or ignored is possibly one of the most painful things a girl can experience, and it rings true for myself. It is automatically translated into "I didn't make that cut, my flaws showed up, I'm not as pretty, smart, or as cool as her." Then coresponding feelings arise. Namely, feelings of worthlessness and ugliness steal their way into my consciousness, and I begin to doubt myself. But If i were to be honest with myself, these feelings only arise when I start looking at my own humanity, and not at Christ. The moment I re-focus my eyes on Jesus and know that He is my worth, peace returns. Once, He brought me to Psalm 32:8, " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." This puzzled me. How could He guide me with His eye? Does this mean blink once to go left , blink twice to go right? Then He showed me that in order to be guided by someone's eye, you have to be gazing right back. so as long as I maintain proverbial eye contact with my Jesus, all will be well in my world. It is difficult to sum up my relationship with this marvelous Man, because to say that He loves me is such an understatement. He is everything to me and, I dare say, He reciprocates the sentiment, he saw me before the world ever was and He loved me with His life at the cross. " Source: the Zone youth magazine issue 03, p 07. |